Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy Spring Day

I don't think that any other season is greeted with as much JOY! Even though it usually begins
still firmly in the hands of winter, its wonderful to know that we are marching towards
warmth - and my barren trees are starting to show signs of life



For today's snack, I'm going to a recipe that I got as a student from my now sister-in-law. I
make these often as they are perfect with a late afternoon cup of tea. So good!!

Sammy Jane's Crunchies



500ml oats
200ml sugar
250ml coconut
250ml flour, sifted

15ml syrup
180ml butter
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda

Heat oven to 180 deg C. Blend first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Heat butter gently in a pot to melt and add the syrup & bicarbonate of soda. Heat for a few minutes. Take off heat and add the dry ingredients to the pot and mix. Grease a baking tray and pour mixture in. Bake for 10 minutes and then turn oven off and leave to dry out for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cut into squares and let cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment