Monday, September 28, 2009

Dad

My father is one of my favourite people. He is steadfast, kind and faithful. His character and his words say the same thing. He was easy to follow when we were growing up, because he was so consistent.

Everyone these days thinks they are a parenting expert but my dad certainly does not 'cast his pearls before swine' (he knows when to speak and when to be silent). Though a lot can be gleaned if you're paying attention.

This weekend he celebrated his 60th birthday!
Look at this photograph, at 4 years of age...



Both my father and my father-in-law celebrated their birthdays this weekend and I pray that they will have a wonderful year!

Since I'm on parents, Dr John Rosemond was on Focus on the Family for the last 2 days.
I have read two of his parenting books, so practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment