Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Reading

I call it a Spring present to myself. A couple of times a year I order books online and I've just heard that my new batch is on its way!!! Yippee. Rebecca and I go to the post office and get a large parcel that we rip open the minute we get home and then sit on the floor for the next while reading the backs of the books, deciding which we will begin with.

I'm excited about this arrival because it contains a Lief Enger novel (Wayne and I loved his last book) plus Jan Karon and Edith Shaeffer, as well as books for Ruby. We love books and our shelves are groaning with everything from 'War & Peace' to 'The Wombles', yes there was a book (several) before the television series.

So tomorrow is my collection day! Hopefully the sunshine will continue and we can sit outside and read while sipping something ice cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment