Saturday, September 26, 2009

A full day

Yesterday was a juggle, first a few loads of washing, then baked some Aniseed Rusks and left them in the oven to dry out while we went to the shop so that I could find a top for a function.
I found it in the first shop that I went into... but do you think I purchased it then... no, typical, I went to 3 other store's before back-tracking. Then on to grocery shopping, followed by our fortnightly trip to the library. Back home, a quick clean of the house and then into the garden for some weeding while Rebecca picked gooseberries and fed the rabbit. After a shower it was time to put on a pot of 'Texas Rice', one of Wayne's favourites (my mother-in-law's recipe) to welcome him home for his first home-cooked meal in two weeks. Boy, did we miss him!

After all that I was pretty tired and my back was sore from all the weeding. I just sat here with tea and looked out over the garden while Wayne & Rebecca bounced on the trampoline...

No comments:

Post a Comment