Friday, September 18, 2009

Words

Sometimes (when I have time) I add a note to Rebecca's lunch. Just something simple to tell her that I love her during her lunch break. Today, however, I got the surprise!
I didn't have time this morning to pack my sandwich so when I opened my bag I sure was surprised. I found a container of bran cereal, a little container of mixed nuts and a love note. I don't know how she matched up the right bowl and lid? Impressive as that was, considering my tupperware drawer, the most gracious bequest was naturally the hand-written letter.

'Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and health to the bones' Prov 16.24

This was one of the first scriptures Rebecca had to learn. Words have the power to heal and strengthen (gets right into your soul) - bringing a deep comfort. And it did to me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment