Monday, August 31, 2009

Snacks

We are having a fabulous day in Cape Town today. I have the best view of
Table Mountain from my office window (I'll post a pic to show you soon)

I love snacks. It's probably my favourite kind of eating. So, because of its importance (yes!)
I've decided to list 'a snack a day' all week (like the breakfast recipes a while back).

Today I begin with the one I reach for most frequently. Fruit. I like my snacks to look
appetising so I usually have it in a pretty bowl or with a dollop of something on it - and I
like to know the nutritional content of everything - shopping with me is painful.



Looks yummy, right? Plus it is jam-packed with goodness
Just in case you wanna know...
FYI, the papaya: has powerful enzymes that aid digestion, rich source of anti-oxidants, has anti-inflammatory properties, helps lower cholesterol, vit B+C, aids in colon protection etc, etc
the guava: has 4-5 times more Vit C than oranges (making it a powerhouse in combating free radicals), folate, vit A, potassium, plus calcium (which is not found in loads of fruit) etc etc
the strawberries: just a superstar of anti-oxidant power, packed with vitamin C, flavonoids (helps to keep bad cholesterol from damaging walls), contains ellergic acid (basically binds up bad chemicals in your body) etc etc

No comments:

Post a Comment