Sunday, August 9, 2009

A little of this and a little of that

Yes, I am still here. I have been rather distracted lately and not blogged much. Some days there is so much going on that I cant fathom condensing it into a few sentences and other days I sit at the computer and am so blank!

I've been loving the weather lately... some days are so hot I think I could actually get quite a good tan (but all I want to do is don my garden boots and jump in). This heat is followed by a three day storm, to water all my green things. I know its rather extreme but I can actually get quite a lot done and the washing hangs outside instead of heading into the tumble dryer.

Today while in the garden I spotted these two... they are always so happy & rewarding. They're glad to be out and I'm glad to have them.
The reliable and colour rich pansies...



This honeysuckle's flower is initially a vibrant cherry red, then fades a bit to fire engine red - always a delight... its still a small plant but will be a glorious display when it grows up.



This is the package that my baby handed me. A magazine, a reading book and a packet of seeds tied with ribbons and a blanket underneath, then she told me to put my feet up and have a rest (not that planting would be restful - but she was probably just going with my fav things).
Ain't she something. Worth every one of those 18 hours of labour.



Happy Womens Day to all the ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment