Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Risoni and the Polka, sort of

We were away during the Easter weekend for a family wedding. Aren't wedding's wonderful. The ceremony and reception were on a beautiful farm (with a little chapel). The girls danced all night.




I had to add this to my blog as it was delicious! Ignore everything else on my plate - the thing to try is this Risoni... so very very tasty!! This picture does not do it justice so you will have to trust me (I couldn't take another picture because by the time I downloaded my pic's I had already gobbled up the leftover Risoni - below is a slightly closer shot)



Spinach Risoni

175g risoni, 250-300g spinach, olive oil, splash of cream, salt and pepper

Cook risoni (rice-shaped pasta) in salted water until al dente. Drain. Add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Wilt spinach by giving it a quick boil (you don't need much water) and drain. Add salt and pepper to taste and a good splash of cream. I creamed half of it with hand-held blender and coarsely chopped rest. Mix well with risoni.

No comments:

Post a Comment