Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Memories and melancholy

Some days are bright, you are filled with purpose and delight while other days are glum and you hold your melancholy a little too closely. Such is life and on those days you have to not be tossed to and fro, but confess what is true until it chips through your fortress of disquiet. Out loud. I'm a firm believer that the conquest begins with your ears and ends in your heart.

While I was taking my own advice I came across this old photograph of my brother and I. Well, the tears turned to laughter... check out his mo-hawk! He was cool... like always, and the pose, I look like I'm trying to get up - probably to grab another snack (my chubby cheeks say it all).

Everyday brings something to smile about. Look for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment