Thursday, April 22, 2010

The bare necessities

Ruby and I arrived home this afternoon after Ballet and were swept indoors by a blustery wind and there was still no plumber in sight. It necessitated a little baking. We required (not wanted) a pot of hot tea and a slice of something to cuddle up to.

Banana Bread

1 cup of regular flour (I like stone-ground flour)
1 cup of wholemeal flour/nuttywheat flour (can use regular)
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 - 1 cup brown sugar
4 ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs, beaten
50 ml olive oil
100 ml buttermilk



Preheat oven to 180 deg Cel. Sift dry. Mix wet. Mix all together gently (don't over mix). Today I added 2 tablespoons of wheatgerm (for a little extra health). Sometimes I add a handful of choc chunks (for a little extra treat), but today I didn't. Bake for 1 hour - 1 hour 15 minutes. Test. Cool for 5 minutes in baking tin.

No comments:

Post a Comment