Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekends

I just had the best weekend, except that I missed my baby on Friday night. She
slept over at grandma's with her cousin and it sounded like loads of fun... who wouldn't... all I heard was movies, home-made pizza, pancakes, painting etc.

Wayne finally convinced me to see the new Terminator movie on Friday night. I had to be coaxed with really good cappuccino's thrown in. I actually enjoyed it. 'Why did the good robot / machine have to die?' I asked Wayne. I got, 'Don't be such a girl' back. Saturday was the usual clean up and on Sunday I relaxed! Really relaxed.

I've heard it said that Busyness is like a drug. I find this to be true, so I decided that regardless of whatever message my mind sent me on Sunday, I would try to do nothing. I always feel guilty when I just lie about. It just doesn't feel right, but as most of you know, you can't always trust your feelings (like when you want another choc chip biscuit, you just know you don't need or when you don't feel like getting out of bed for your quiet time - get up).

So guess what, after church, while Wayne made breakfast, I got back into my pj's and slipped into bed with my book... I have not done that in years... years. After a super lazy day (except for the hour that Rebecca and I spent outside as combat soldiers sending encrypted messages on our walkie-talkies. She climbed our trees and radioed me if our neighbours were 'invading' us or not - don't tell my neighbours) I even had an afternoon nap (I actually slept for a bit) - which I haven't done since I was a student - obviously no one sleeps at night as a student!

What a blessing to take a day of rest. To just enjoy rest, family and the Lord! 'This is what the Lord commanded, tomorrow is to be a day of rest, a holy sabbath to the Lord' Ex 16.23
- did you see the word: commanded!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment