Thursday, June 11, 2009

The mighty bagel

I thought when I began the breakfast thing this week, it would be real easy.
Pick my five favourites and get on with it. But as we draw near to the end... I'm thinking 'Have I really picked my fav's?' - there are so many wonderful things to eat in the morning...

Day 4: Favourite Bagel
This is hardly a recipe, rather a layering process
Make sure you go past a good bakery and get some lovely wholewheat bagels

In a food processor or bowl, (I usually hate washing the processor so I suffer through the manual labour route) use a whisk to blend the following:
1 or so cup of cream cheese
2 tablespoons of milk
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons of finely chopped chives
2 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley

Spread a really thick layer of this cream cheese on the bagel. Next, add a generous wave of smoked salmon. Then give it a squeeze of lemon and a grating of black pepper.
It's wonderful!!! Serve with good coffee. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment