Monday, June 8, 2009

The Full Monty

I've decided to post a couple of my favourite breakfasts this week, cause I really, really like breakfast. Most mornings its just Bran Flakes or Oats, so I'm selecting breakfasts that I have most Saturday mornings. I might follow this idea through to other fav things eg shoes, books, teatime treats... we will see.

Day 1: The Big Breakfast



No need for a recipe for the basics - eggs, bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms & potatoes.
The potatoes are just boiled in their skins (or leftover baked potatoes) cooled, sliced and seasoned. Just quickly in the pan (or oven - a little longer) to give it a crisp coating. It must however, be served with Breakfast Beans, which is the best part of this meal:

1 can Baked Beans - sauce rinsed off
1 tablespoon chutney
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 - 1 clove garlic - optional

Heat for a few minutes on medium heat. Serve.

This is the way to kickstart a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment