Thursday, April 23, 2009

Challenged



The Lord has been speaking to me on kindness and gentleness. This is so lacking in the world and often times in my life too. I’ve been busy, distracted by what life throws at me and a tad too frazzled, which doesn’t actually produce the best fruit. Does this happen to you too, or is it just me? So I’ve been challenged to slow down a bit and ensure that I'm being gentle and patient with those around me. Focus on what really matters.

the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle … Titus 3.2
what is desired in a man (woman) is kindness Prov 19.22
with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is
precious in the sight of God 1 Pet 3.4
in quietness and confidence shall be your strength Isaiah 30.15
the Lord’s servant must …. be gentle to all 2 Tim 2.24
I drew them with gentle cords, with bonds of love Hosea 11.4
she opens her mouth with wisdom and on her tongue is the law of kindness Prov 31.26
as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, … Col 3.12
fruit of the spirit is … kindness Gal 5.22
A gentle answer turns away wrath … Prov 15.1

“Lord, help us to be women of noble character and integrity, that out of the overflow of our repentant, humble and grateful hearts, we may speak with wisdom and kindness. May we, like You, be rich in mercy and gentleness. Strengthen us and uphold us with Your righteous right hand. How precious is Your lovingkindness towards us, O God.”

The cat’s out the bag. I’m still on the Potter’s wheel. Praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment