Sunday, January 15, 2012

Fig tree



"Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
God, the Lord, is my strength; He makes my feet like the deer’s; He makes me tread on my high places."
~ Habakkuk

Interestingly the fig tree does not bear any flowers or show any signs that a harvest is coming, it looks dead and then it pops the leaves and then immediately the fruit... so while it may seem at times that what we are doing is not yielding, even though we might not be eating natural fruit we should still tend the soil because something is going on under there. And God in His wisdom knows what we need even before we ask, so keep rejoicing and tending to the spiritual work of believing Him more (more than what we see with our natural eyes) - because, "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

No comments:

Post a Comment