Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The best potato salad

I think I will continue with the salad theme this week because I have this delicious salad to share. My favourite Potato Salad. A winner!




1 small punnet baby potatoes

1 packet of lean bacon, cubed

For dressing, whisk the following:
3 heaped tablespoons sour cream

2 heaped tablespoons good quality mayonnaise
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar

1/2 teaspoon of sugar
Salt and pepper to taste


I like new (baby) potatoes as I think they have a better flavour. Heat a pan and crisp up the bacon. In a pot, boil the potatoes. Drain and set aside to cool. Cut into halves. Mix the dressing in a bowl. If you find the dressing too thick, thin it out with a splash of milk.



Add the potatoes and blend well (but gently) to cover. Sprinkle bacon generously over the potatoes. Serve. If you are serving it later, set salad in the fridge as it keeps well (but only add the bacon when serving to keep the crunch). Sprinkle a little green (a little chives or parsley) on top if you have it - don't buy it especially.


I have bacon fans in my house but if bacon is not your thing then add half a grated onion and 2 gherkins finely chopped instead. Happy days.

1 comment: