Friday, January 7, 2011

What the heart knows

I started memorising in earnest when Rebecca was about two years old and it has been become such an anchor. I read these words by a pastor ''What the heart knows by heart, is what the heart really knows" ...true... so one of my pursuits this year will be memorising scripture. I know that out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks... my mouth still indicates that my heart needs tilling.

My current verse is
Blessed is the (wo)man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners nor sits in the seat of the scornful. But (her) his delight is in the law of the Lord and in His law (she) he meditates day and night. (She) He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither and whatever (she) he does shall prosper.
Psalm 1. 1-3

1 comment: