Thursday, October 20, 2011

Stability and freedom

One of the best things we can do for our children is give them roots and wings.

'When I think of roots, I mean providing a foundation of security and stability for my children. Just as the nourishment and stability of a plant depends on its root system, so human life is sustained by its roots... entwined with Him, they will have the best possible roots.

My relationship with God, my husband and my children create an environment that can either help or hinder the development of this good root system.
A secure, loving home is the fertile ground their tender roots need.



The height to which they can soar is dependent on their wings... connotes creativity, appreciation, laughter and freedom.
Wings come as my children reach up to God and allow Him to set them free from the fear of others, free from self-imposed limitations and free to become all God intended... from this altitude they gain fresh outlook on life.'

~ Jean Flemming 'A mother's heart'

No comments:

Post a Comment