Saturday, October 29, 2011

Manuela's Rocket Pesto

As we looked at my overflowing Rocket bushes, my sister said that we should make Rocket Pesto and I said 'yes, you should'... and a few minutes later she came indoors with a big bowl of fresh Rocket.



Process about 4 cups of chopped rocket, 3/4 cup of pine nuts, 1 clove garlic and about 1/4 cup of olive oil (enough to loosen and thicken mixture) and then stir in 1 cup grated Parmesan (we didn't have enough so she added some grated Gruyere - which I love). Stir in 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice and salt (to taste) and a little grind of pepper.

This is more of a guideline because then we tasted and added a little more cheese and salt and then it was pretty perfect. If its too thick add a little more olive oil etc. Really easy... I just stood and tasted. Delicious with roast chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment