Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The winter drink

The last two rainy days have made me reach for my hot chocolate jar again.

This is my quick method hot chocolate - obviously melting good quality chocolate and milk over the stove is gorgeous but late at night when I want to take a drink with me to bed, this has been it. You can make it sweeter but this is my perfect mix.



My hot chocolate

1 cup good quality cocoa
1 cup brown / demerera sugar
1 cup milk powder (you get fat-free)
good pinch of salt
1/2 - 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (can omit but makes it taste amazing)

Stir all together and place in a container. Mine has been decorated by Miss Ruby.

To serve simply place three heaped teaspoons in a mug and top with hot water. I like a little extra milk on top (like you would have with tea) or you can make it creamier with half milk and half water (but then you need to heat your milk).

We love it and it doesn't have odd ingredients lurking in it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment