Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Opting for Joy

I've was thinking about my daily walk this morning - what would a full and loving heart bring to a day, what does it look like to bring that kind of a heart into every day... choosing to be relevant, helpful, joyful, peaceful. Sometimes when people 'distract' us from our tasks we get annoyed but really those are the things that can be a great blessing - to them and to us. An opportunity to sow love, hope, encouragement. I know its a cliche, but a smile is the simplest thing to sow, it is such a precious gift and there is no outlay.

This morning I decided that instead of reacting in the flesh, I would try and react with the heart... with tenderness and joy. For me I need to purpose these things, they are not always natural for me. I believe that with persistent choosing you can become a godly woman... I don't think it will drop into my soul while I'm sleeping and I'll just wake up wise and joyful. It's about being intentional.

"in this cynical and sophisticated age, someone must believe in joy"
~ Richard Rohr

All our choosing leads us up a path... its all (even the tiniest thing) significant.
Sow what you want to reap.

No comments:

Post a Comment