Sunday, May 2, 2010

Books

'World Book Day' was a few days ago. What a wonderful thing to celebrate! I have always loved books... we didn't have many books at home when I was growing up so the public library was very often my playground.

Now in my own home we have books everywhere, in every room of the house, including the bathrooms (I didn't think you needed to see those pictures), and there is a 'library corner' (just a large groaning bookcase accompanied by a chair). I read somewhere that "we read to know that we are not alone" - growing up I found this to be true. Reading books is like being a witness or friend (if the book is very good) into a season of someone's life. Words are like cups that hold precious nectar with the power to rouse the mind, grip the heart and lift the spirit.


A snatch of the bookcase...



Some of the kitchen shelves...



A reader with her face buried in the book...



Rebecca's books...



Next to my bed...


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment