Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Healthy Rush

Life is seasonal, there are patches when it feels like not much is going on or you never see anyone. Then in one weekend you have six invites and need to juggle things. Well, lately its been a juggle from the time my eyes see pre-dawn until the late hours (and I hate to go to bed late).

So in the race for extra time in the morning, I've been opting for Smoothies, which I make the night before and then we each 'grab and go' our bottles in the morning.

This is a my favourite because of the peanut butter (sometimes I do leave it out and use a large handful of berries instead and only half a banana), to make sweeter just add honey to taste.

My protein breakfast smoothie



1/2 cup natural yoghurt
1 cup soya / normal milk (can replace 1/2 with apple juice)
1 banana, chopped
1 - 2 teaspoons wheatgerm
1 - 2 tablespoons good peanut butter (depending on how much you like it)
1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
1 tablespoon ground almonds

Blend all and chill (add a little ice to blender if you are drinking straight away). Shake and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm, Yummy!
    Lately, with mangoes being in season, I've been indulging in Mango and Ginger smoothies and it's so refreshing! (I use about a thumb of ginger to a litre of smoothie!)

    ReplyDelete