Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Garden of love

Since this is the 'month of love' I thought I would share something out of the Song of Solomon,
it is romantic and heady, the imagery is beautiful, and its from the bible. A marraige should be a exciting adventure...

"You have captivated my heart, my sister (not literal), my bride,
you have captivated my heart with one glance of your eyes,
with one jewel of your necklace.
How beautiful is your love...
How much better is your love than wine, and
the fragrance of your oils than any spice.

Your lips drip nectar...
honey and milk are under your tongue...
A garden locked is my sister, my bride
a spring locked, a fountain sealed.
Your shoots are an orchard of pomegranates,
with choicest fruit..
henna with nard... saffron... cinnamon... myrrh...
a garden fountain, a well of living water and
flowing streams of Lebanon.

Awake, O north wind, and come, O south wind
Blow upon my garden, let its spices flow
Let my beloved come to his garden,
and eat its choicest fruits."

No comments:

Post a Comment