Thursday, November 12, 2009

G what?

Rebecca practiced all week for her music concert (it was this morning). On Tuesday evening while practicing (I was holding her book up for her) she says to me, "Is this a G?" and then answers her own question, "Yes it is." I look at the notes, so very thankful that she figured it out because I didn't know what I was looking it. All those lines, dots and other oddities could have been the music to Bach's Flute Sonata in G major or Three blind mice, for all I know.

We got to school a little earlier (I usually arrive late for these events, but not today). I sat in the front row! All her efforts were worth it - she did so well.

On another note (ha ha)... this is why I love American food at the moment. Its easy and they use a good 'ol can of mushroom soup is every other recipe - honestly, what's not to love.

Baked Pork Chops

6 Pork chops
1 teaspoon minced garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste (+-1/4 teaspoon each)
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms (smallish pieces)
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Set oven to 190 deg C. Season chops on both sides with garlic, salt and pepper (herbs can also be added now) and place in a baking dish. Spread onion and mushrooms over it and then soup. Cover with foil and bake for about 35-40 minutes (depending on thickness of chops). Uncover and bake for another 15-20 minutes. Nice with mashed potato and green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment