Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Remembering Paris

We will always have Paris...



A year ago we were on holiday in France. What is not to love about it - well, except for the part where we got totally ripped off catching a cab! Forget that... remember Paris, the beautiful baguettes, the utterly addictive Pain au chocolat, the baskets and pots of geraniums all over the show, the speedy trains, the history, the jam with the cute gingham lids (I have 1 jar left in my pantry), the crepes, lots of "Ben & Jerry's", the Mona Lisa and of course Rebecca favourite - "french Mickey land"... which was really beautiful... that landscaping team...wow

Rebecca is up there somewhere



Then we went to Madeira where we did some serious unwinding, after a birthday celebration second to none... I had a massive fireworks display for my birthday. My cousin was in the military over there so he can get hold of pretty much anything... it was dazzling and with a brass band to boot. The time there was spent wisely - sleeping, eating (I discovered Lays 'prosciutto' flavour), tanning, swimming, jogging (a necessity after all the french food), leisurely strolling the island and very little else.

I ate berries from this bush virtually every morning when I jogged past:


This is where Rebecca spent most of her time - the Aqua Park, this water ride below was mellow, but on the other side were the crazy water rides that she loved, I couldn't bear to watch...



How I miss those sunny places now... if only I could escape winter every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment