Monday, July 13, 2009

Home time

We have had an eventful few days. Our male rabbits have reached a certain age of 'maturity' - the male hormones are pumping so they are constantly challenging each other. When I noticed it, I thought it cute but then I started to see large chunks of fur flying and a couple of deep scratches. If there is one thing I can't handle, its blood. My world immediately starts to turn and I gotta sit before I pass out. What a sissy, yes? Anyway, so now they have been separated which is so heart sore but at least it saves me an expensive visit to the vet. They are gorgeous though.

Rebecca had her cousin over for the weekend so I didn't see them much. I just went around the garden picking up bits of discarded clothing and empty snack bowls... on the benches, up the jungle gym, under the trampoline etc.

I was home bound so I tried my hand at marmalade. We love marmalade but don't really like the store bought stuff. I've always wanted to make it but all the recipes sounded so laborious but not so... it turned out to be fairly simple. A little time consuming and you have to be attentive to the pot but really not difficult - so now I'm stocked for the winter.

Wayne was away at the Cotswolds for a bit... it looks like the shire, in Lord of the Rings... so beautiful! We also had 2 days last week at a lodge in the mountains... they had a spa, it was lovely, I drooled during the massage.

On Saturday I planted a new lavender hedge. It looked so pretty until the storm hit... now it looks like Shrek's swamp.

Have a good (although wet) week!

No comments:

Post a Comment