Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Be amazed

Wayne and I were talking about libraries and those endless rows of index card drawers that Melvil Dewey developed to help us find our books at the library, and how today, you just go on the Internet and do research in seconds.  (Rebecca and I do still visit our library but its never for research and most of our books are bought online because she devours books).  But as much as I love the convenience of our electronic devices, I do love the feel and smell of a book so much more.

This got us talking about libraries and history and I wondered why we never visit the libraries of places that we travel to.  Its almost romantic to visit a beautiful old library and be transported back in time.



So after a quick search on the Internet I was amazed at how many magnificent libraries there are around the world... so next time I will add this to my list of things to do when on holiday. 

This is one of the finds:

http://twistedsifter.com/2011/10/beautiful-libraries-around-the-world/

No comments:

Post a Comment