Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A letter from Father

"Give them all my dear love and a kiss. Tell them I think of them by day, pray for them by night and find my best comfort in their affection at all times. A year seems very long to wait before I see them, but remind them that while we wait we may all work, so that these hard days need not be wasted.

I know they will remember all I said to them, that they will be loving children to you, will do their duty faithfully, fight their bosom enemies bravely, and conquer themselves beautifully that when I come back to them I may be fonder and prouder than ever of my little women.

Everyone sniffed when they came to that part..."

~ Little Women


A friend of mine is about to give birth to their fourth daughter and she too will have a home full of beautiful little women.

No comments:

Post a Comment