Friday, May 6, 2011

Passionfruit Curd

This is a truly delicious curd. I think its miles ahead of my lemon curd (my husband disagrees, I don't think he has eaten enough of this one to judge - surely!). A little sugar, butter and granadilla... I love it!

3 eggs
70g butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup strained fruit
(I leave a few of the pips in because I think it looks more authentic and I like the texture - you can leave out totally)

Place all ingredients except the eggs in the saucepan and stir continuously over a low heat until sugar has dissolved. Beat eggs and add to mixture, stirring well. Turn heat up to medium (not too hot) and continue stirring until thick. Bottle while hot.



This is excellent on a sponge cake, with yoghurt, scones, toast etc.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment