Tuesday, March 29, 2011

To be satisfied


This is what my quiet spot looks out at every morning as the sky changes and my heart changes before the day rushes in.


I was reflecting on part of Psalm 63 this morning... I used it as a prayer.


"O God, You are my God (mine... personal and intimate). Early will I seek You, my soul longs for You (we cannot run on empty, we need to seek the Giver of good, joy, peace, holiness, righteousness...) my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land (we have flesh and blood needs), where there is no water (no person or earthly comfort can fill us, we need the fountain of living water) I looked for You... to see Your power and Your glory (nothing can compare) Your love is better (for He so loved that He gave and keeps on giving... I am undone by His love) than life... my lips shall praise You (how can we be silent)... my soul shall be satisfied..."


Amen.


Oh, I pray that we will declare together, I am satisfied in Him. When we have been touched by His love and grace, our own touch is different... to Him be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment