Saturday, March 5, 2011

Grace, really!!

My hands are swollen from all the washing,
My heart is wrung out from all the failing,
My head aches from all the thinking...

I work and I consider my bit of mess.
Shouldn't this be easier by now?
Obedience takes a lifetime of learning.

'Father... may I not be always learning but never coming to knowledge'

"Let us come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and grace to help in time of need"
Hebrews 4.16

I come to Him, burdened... holding empty... again.
I see Grace.
Gentleness.
Patience.
Completely undeserved. Unmerited. Radical.

"Most of the grand truths of God have to be learned by trouble; they must be burned into us with the hot iron of affliction, otherwise we shall not truly receive them"
Charles Spurgeon




"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful"
Hebrews 10.23

Thank You.
Yes... let us hold fast. Leaning into Him. Through the hot affliction. He is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment