Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Reaching out

I was chatting to a friend yesterday who was sponsoring the building of a house for someone in a township in Cape Town. She had taken her children, over the weekend to see it, so that they could see what they were contributing to.


I read this morning of an ordinary mother who was leaving her family for a week (to do some ministry work) and pictured her youngest little one's wet cheeks as she gave her mother a last hug before she boarded.


Wayne was telling me about this real tough guy who opened his house once a week and had a 'soup kitchen' for the locals with empty tummies (while Wayne & I try to do our bit... I'm a little too private a person to have strangers passing through my home - besides they would probably feel sorry for me and help with housekeeping)


It's marvellous isn't it... they don't make headlines but they do their part in loving the world around them. We are all so busy and if we don't do things on purpose we won't do them at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment