Monday, September 27, 2010

The weekend was

In one word, Joyful!!

It entailed aggressive garden work on Friday, in order to progress to fertilizing later this week. Then on Saturday morning, I had gym training from an ex-marine. This part was more painful than joyful. Squatting down is still a joke - to my sister anyway - she just laughs and lifts her hand in the L shape! What sympathy!

So clearly, the balance of my day was spent quietly... to my favourite coffee hangout and grocery shopping, then home to my track suit.

I treasure the moments of quiet during the day. I cannot function when its full throttle all the time. On Saturday I made individual pots of tea for Rebecca and myself, put everything on a tray and called her to my side with our read-aloud book that we are working through. Those moments of connection fill me and her. When she is in that mood she is much more open and we get to talk about things that she normally wouldn't share with me, 'cause she would be outside baking mud pies or dressing her Barbies or something equally important to an eight year old. Those things are good, but I also need time to speak to her heart (while she is still young and listens to mama).

Sunday dawned and roused me from slumber with perfect 'Sabbath weather' - overcast with the promise of rain, which did not disappoint. This is the stuff that makes my weekends great.

Hope yours was a good one! Enjoy the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment