Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Oh my, pie!

We love Pumpkin Pie around these parts. Eating it just makes you happy, happy, happy.
This recipe originates from my friend Cheryl. She is an excellent cook (I'm certain I've mentioned her before...) and my family always groans with pleasure when we eat at her house. I try not to be offended - actually, I groan right along with them. I have adjusted it to suit our tastes (a little less sugar etc... but still luscious).

Pumpkin Pie
1 very large butternut or 2 smaller ones
1/2 cup of flour
1 and 1/2 cup of milk
1/4 - 1/2 cup of cream, depending on how good I've been the week I make this
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 - 1/2 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil / butter
3 eggs

Cut butternut in half and boil in water until cooked. Remove skin and mash. Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Whisk wet ingredients, including eggs, together in a jug.
Mix all together and then pour into an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle the top with cinnamon sugar.
Bake at 180 degrees cel for +- 1 hour.

Beyond delicious in winter or anytime!!



My sister is one of the happy pie eaters in our family. You would be smiling too, if you were holding this pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment