Monday, August 16, 2010

Anniversary thoughts

We celebrated our anniversary this past week and Wayne scored serious points... I had to pack a suitcase with all the essentials and meet him at the front door. Every year it is a surprise but this year was pretty wonderful. I love this celebration... the beginning of our family. He belonged to other folks but on that day it changed. Now he belongs with me, to me.

Most people pass through my life and that's fine. Like wind, you don't try to contain it. Then there are people in my life that are keepers. Having them around makes everything better... brighter! My husband is such a person. I like all time I spend with him, whether in a heated debate (we are as different as can be) or in stillness.

We met when I was twenty and next year I will be two decades older than that, but I still get excited when I hear the gate open and I know he is home at the end of the day. I want to run out and wrap my arms around him and tell him that an awesome part of my day has just begun.

I better go put on some lip gloss, its almost that time!
Have a great week with your loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment