Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Housekeeping

So I have a flipfile cleaning roster - a room a page. It's not that weird. So I give my friends a laugh. I'm comfortable with that. So I was spoilt and never taught this stuff. I'm not complaining about all those years with no chores.



Then I got married and needed some hard-core help. Enter 'Home Comforts: The art and science of Keeping House'. This book covers every topic you can think of and some you never knew were necessary like 'Caring for Wool' (you quickly look that up when your expensive jersey comes out of the wash as Barbie clothing). The other book was given to me by my mother-in-law, 'Mrs Beeton's Household Management'. Mrs Beeton was a Victorian domestic goddess. This book is thick as a brick and so funny - very or-der-ly!



So Rebecca is obviously a first born and loves lists so these cleaning rosters are right up her alley.
She (unlike her mother, way back when) has chores. So she won't be shocked when she gets there. She has already asked if she can inherit these books one day! Fun-ny!

No comments:

Post a Comment