Sunday, December 20, 2009

In the heat of the day

This is what you need in the heat, a ice cold glass of homemade lemonade.

Especially rewarding when in the same month you have fought off (okay, not as dramatic as fought off, but it sounds good) spiders the size of your fist, 3 snakes, 2 veld fires virtually a few metres from our property (are regular people on a first name basis with their local fireman), 2 moles, 2 mice, birds nesting in our roof... and several other pests that I have blotted out of my memory bank. This is how it goes every summer. If you want to live this close to the wild, it comes with the territory.

So now I can sit back and sip my drink uninterrupted... for a while at least.



I thought you'd appreciate this picture instead of snakes or black earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment