Sunday, October 25, 2009

Cry Baby

My world this week held a lot of tears... some days go like that. In fact earlier this week I was reflecting that it had been a while since I had a good sob (now I see it was most certainly the Holy Spirit telling me to brace myself).

So many many things went awry...
- Rebecca had a crazy high fever on and off all week
- I injured my back, was in pain and had to sleep half sitting - not easy to do
- Wayne was away for 2 days
- I broke Rebecca's favourite alice band by mistake (yes, even such a silly thing made us
both cry)
- she had a concert that Wayne could not attend (we were both so sad)
- a metal pipe squashed my middle finger (can't even describe the agony and had no ice nearby)
- my new bank card didn't work (why would you issue a card when the equipment to use it is
not available?) so I had to leave a trolley full of shopping
- I have had hay fever in the worst way, my red eyes bulged like that hamster's in Bedtime
Stories

Some week's you would rather just see the back of!
But there is always an 'up' side... you really appreciate all the little things and when you husband arrives you sob again just because you are so extremely happy to see him. Also, when you are poured out, it does something to your soul... it seems to enlarge your capacity for compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment