Sunday, April 22, 2018

My favourite apologist

What a special morning! I heard Ravi Zacharias in the flesh, with my daughter, no less.  I woke her up early and it felt a bit like Christmas morning.  I have listened to so many of his messages over the last 20 years and today really special.  This morning was profound.  A honour indeed.


"Every other person who is at the heart of any religion has had his or her beginning either in fancy or in fact.  But nevertheless, there is a beginning.  Jesus' birth in Bethlehem was a moment preceded by eternity.  His being neither originated in time nor came about by the will of humanity.  The author of time, who lived in the eternal, was made incarnate in time that we might live with the eternal in view.  In that sense, the message of Christ was not the introduction of a religion, but an introduction to truth about reality as God alone knows it.  To deny Jesus' message while pursuing spirituality is to conjure an imaginary religion in an attempt to see heaven while sight is confined to the earth.

That is precisely what Jesus challenged when he said, "I have come that you may have life" (John 10.10)
His life spells living.  Your life or my life, apart from Him, spells death"

~ Ravi Zacharias   'Jesus among other Gods'



No comments:

Post a Comment