Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A full dozen

What an busy week... but in the middle was something special.

My girl turned 12 and I can't even explain what a blessing this child has been to me!


 
We baked two enormous sheet cakes for school and took her for a surprise birthday dinner (and she was very surprised) with more cupcakes to finish!

 
She received so many wonderful presents, among them these two - and they kind of match. Look at this - a Union Jack frother (how cool is that) from Anthea and a Keep Calm mug (and CD which she hasn't stopped listening to) from Bernadette and Jenna, both of which she loves!
 
Wayne and I took her on a shopping trip as part of her gift and this is our coffee and hot chocolate pit stop! 
 
 
The years do go by so fast but you have to hold the moments.  Just this morning she did the usual... woke up and walked slowly to find me in my morning chair, hair messy and eyes still half-closed.  She then climbed on my lap and I encircled her with my robe.  We have been doing this for years and she is big now but we still find a way to make it work.  Then we just hold each other till she is properly awake.  I could bust every single morning, I love it so much!

1 comment:

  1. That is so special!!! I cant wait to see you guys this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete