Thursday, April 10, 2014

Set your mind

I took this Joyce Meyer book out of the library this week, 'The power of determination'.  She echo's what Lisa Bevere said this weekend, 'some of us are harvesters and some of us are reapers'.  The harvesters must be determined and steadfast and wield their machetes because the gatherers (our children and others) are coming up behind.

I love one of her opening lines, 'satan knows that if he can defeat us in our mind, he can defeat us in our experience'

It all begins in the mind.  After this weekend's awesome conference you have a mountain top experience (everything is crystal clear and beautiful)...you are sailing in the clouds but then comes Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and these days can overwhelm you with problems, just annoying situations and anxieties but that is when we need to stand our ground and take courage! It seemed that I literally rolled down the mountain into the valley this week.

You start to think there is something wrong with you but actually if our faith is never tested then what have we really got.  A fake thing.



Speak the word.  God is with us.  I needed to do that everyday this week. 
'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me'  Phil 4.13
'Let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in doing right, for in due time... we shall reap' Gal 6.9

Been flinging my 'machete' so to speak and I get up different from when I got down - for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment