Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A little salad

I knew from the onset that I wanted an Orange dressing on my greens last night.

We have so much Rocket in the garden that I made a Rocket and Baby Spinach salad with cranberries and orange segments and a liberal amount of pine nuts (I would have preferred walnuts with the orange but alas there weren't any when I went hunting for them).



Lovely Orange Dressing

4 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
rind of 1/2 a orange, finely grated
juice of 1 orange
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup olive oil (can add up to a 1/3 of a cup for a richer end)
1/2 teaspoon salt
black pepper to taste

Whisk well and splash over salad.
My orange was very sweet so I didn't add sweetness, otherwise I would have added 1 teaspoon of honey. This recipe made more than enough, I'll use the rest this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment